Friday, May 22, 2009

Sovereign Hills



Woke up extra early today for this trip today to Sovereign Hills. And oh was it worth it! I felt like I was inside a book, or a movie where there are gorgeous looking horses, carriages, ladies that remind me of Jane Austen, and everything Victorian!



My sister Joni said I should wear my new Ralph Lauren marching band tee, which I had to plead for and ask my mom to purchase for me. I have never been so correctly dressed for an occasion. Along the way, I bumped into these guys.



Then we had lunch at New York Cafe. Plates, interiors, and even the staff were historically dressed. Tito Eric and I ordered Beef Curry (we love Indian food). Liza had bolognee, mama just had a creamy rich potato soup.


Mama and Me


Beef Curry Yummeh

Sovereign Hill is a town that revolves around gold mining. Mama was so excited by this fact and tried her luck in finding/sifting gold. Also, a goldsmith showed us how gold is melted and turned into bars.



Mama and me looking for a big gold nugget!


Tito Eric trying his luck


Cute goldsmith

There was also a Chinese little town inside, reminds me of Tamahome. You can enter the little houses and tents as well. After the long walks, we settled into a nice spot with a refreshing view. Enjoying lattes, hot chocolates, donuts, and chips.


Inside a chinese grocery


Me and Tito Eric camping

Again, all thanks to Tito Eric who lurves country side driving. We've been to so many places already! :)


Everyone had a great memorable time

blog comments powered by Disqus