Sunday, January 20, 2008

Confessions of a Shopaholic Movie Update

Sophie Kinsella fans, heads up! Last year, we already knew who would play Becky Bloomwood from our beloved Shopaholic book series (Isla Fisher). I can already imagine her in a shopping cart frenzy as a gambler would be crazy about slots machines. Curious on who is playing Luke Brandon? Let's settle on who would play Philip first:

Just looking at the photo, I guess Hugh Dancy does fit the character of Luke more. All made up in a crisp business suit, ruffled hair, blue eyes - I can't hardly wait for the movie (and who is going to play Luke!).

Confessions of a Shopaholic is under Jerry Bruckheimer and I read it's also a Disney film. I hope it does show on 2008 and please start filming it already :)

Nice movies coming our way, also look out for Sex and the City - The Movie.

* Thanks to Josephine for the correction, I thought Dancy would play Luke >.<

7 comments:

Unknown said...

From what I know of the Luke character, Dancy would be perfect, but I think he's playing Philip the editor, which seems like a total waste of him.

Lace Llanora said...

oh man, now we still don't know who would be playing Luke!

Unknown said...

According to Jerry Bruckheimer's official website, Hugh is playing Luke Brandon... so conflicting!

sparklybluefairy said...

Did you hear that smash?
that was the sound of my heart breaking
How could Sophie Kinsella have allowed American and Australian actors to play such British characters
I've followed Shopaholic since it was published and have remained true to Ms Kinsella but now I'm disappointed that they havebn't bothered to capture the true essence of Becky Bloomwood - she's ENGLISH!!!!!

Unknown said...

Well, it's really very typical for Australian actors to play British roles, and Hugh Dancy is English (with a name like that, how could he not be?), but it does seem kind of dubious that they're apparently transferring the characters to an American setting.

Anonymous said...

Actually... On Sophie Kinsella's site, she says that Hugh is playing Luke.

Murrmaid said...

I am so disappointed that Sophie Kinsella has let them film Shopaholic as an American movie! It seems like a sellout to me. So much of the charm of the books was their Britishness! What - do they think Americans won't want to see it if it's not set in the states? And what about Suze and Tarquin and their castle in Scotland? What about Jess who lives in Northern England? I was very excited to hear the movie was coming out as I love all the books, but now I'm not so sure I even want to see it. I may prefer to stay in the happy land of my imagination - where all the characters are British!