Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Pasig Day Today - Holiday in Pasig

June 2 is officially a non-working holiday in Pasig to celebrate its foundation day. That means I am here again at home with one extra day to recuperate.



Pasig, particularly Ortigas is a special place for my family, I went to highschool in St. Paul Pasig and so did my older sister Joni. Our mother worked in Benpres Building, and my sister, Joni also went to college in University of Asia and the Pacific (UA&P). My niece Anya was born in Medical City and when my aunt had to be operated and when my sister had appendicitis, they were also brought to the same hospital. This makes Medical City my fave hospital ever since it was in its old location in San Miguel Avenue.

For almost a decade we were traveling to and from Pasig on a daily basis. Now I am also working in Ortigas, still in the same circle after all these years. Pasig will always have a special place in my heart ahaha :)


The place is very familiar to me, almost like a second home. I love how convenient the area is, the malls, schools, and hospitals are just a stone's throw away. There are many developments in Pasig which is good, the challenge is on how to maintain its walkable streets and the trees that provide shade in the city.

Happy foundation day Pasig! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey thats our office building in the picture (tycoon center) we are in the 21st floor but will be moving to the penthouse 33rd floor by august. hehehe But I am still in our baguio office. ON august tho I'll be in Manila office more often hope to see you around as we usually eat around the area. hehe

Lace Llanora said...

hi knide!

I have a favorite coffee shop nearby, hope to get a drink with you in August :)

Liza C Abad said...

my dentist is in ortigas too! :p